The Gambler Acoustic Guitar Lesson – Kenny Rogers

Posted by admin on 8th December 2011 in Guitar Strumming

Here is an acoustic guitar lesson on how to play The Gambler originally by Kenny Rogers. This lesson has been done by James from the acoustic covers duo “Handsome Alvin”, please check out our covers at: www.youtube.com Capo 3rd Fret (original Capo on 1st (Verse 1-3 and 1st chorus) and Capo 2nd Fret for the rest of the song) Intro Chord Progression: D; G; D; G; Strumming for Entire Song: DD DUDU Verse Chord Progression: D; D; G; D; D; D; D; A; D; D; G; D; G; D; A; D; Chorus Chord Progression: D; D; G; D; G; D; D: A; D; D; G; D; G; D; A; D; Lyrics: Intro Verse 1 On a warm summer’s evenin’ on a train bound for nowhere, I met up with the gambler; we were both too tired to sleep. So we took turns a starin’ out the window at the darkness ‘Til boredom overtook us, and he began to speak. Verse 2 He said, “Son, I’ve made a life out of readin’ people’s faces, And knowin’ what their cards were by the way they held their eyes. And if you don’t mind my sayin’, I can see you’re out of aces. For a taste of your whiskey I’ll give you some advice.” Verse 3 So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow. Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light. And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression. Said, “If you’re gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right. Chorus You got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table. There’ll be

Bookmark it:
[Ask] [del.icio.us] [Digg] [dzone] [Facebook] [Kaboodle] [linkaGoGo] [Newsvine] [Propeller] [Reddit] [Spurl] [Squidoo] [StumbleUpon] [Technorati] [Twitter] [Yahoo!]
  • Share/Bookmark

25 Responses to “The Gambler Acoustic Guitar Lesson – Kenny Rogers”

1. leo198508 says:

Thanx Bro!! Appreciate!

2. Osiris41 says:

wow nice video! This is my first song i try to learn and it helped me so much!! thabk you!

3. stugross90 says:

what a prick

4. aLostDerangedDolpin says:

What a great tutorial! I get lessons but I decided to be brave and try teaching myself a song, and this is one of the best tutorials. It’s easy to keep up with, explains everything including the strumming pattern (something a lot of others don’t which isn’t so helpful when I have no idea what to do lol)
    Nice work! Thanks for making it easy for us beginners! :)

5. MsFleur83 says:

I’ve been following your videos for the past few weeks; absolutely brilliant!! Thankyou =D

6. spudy44 says:

brilliant thank you…just learning and your lessons are so easy to follow….i can now play it whoop whoop x

7. AnasAlex10 says:

I’m sure you are British =)

Nice tutorial, and a great song. Very easy for beginners, thanks mate.

8. TheLadyRocker666 says:

i can’t understand why is it played capo 3 and capo 2 for another part of the song… how do you play this with one guitar? =S =(

9. bozzoDJ says:

thnx man. Now it’s easy :D . Greeting from CROATIA

10. educationalmaterials says:

THanks

11. kaderbroo says:

You definatly will make kenny proud with this !

12. educationalmaterials says:

Gald you liked it, thanks for the comment!!!!

13. xBayt says:

Absolutely perfect tutorial! Thanks

14. educationalmaterials says:

No problem and thanks for the comment!!!

15. litlaljos says:

Thanks … good work as always

16. educationalmaterials says:

No problem

17. educationalmaterials says:

Send me an email and I will send it as an attachment

18. Kingucktoad says:

love it thanks

19. MrDarcybb says:

hey nice job. would you be able to send me the chords and the lyrics please??

20. educationalmaterials says:

Email me and I will send it as an attachment

21. eMeatball says:

Nice show, very straight forward. Do you have the chords on the lyrics by any chance?

22. educationalmaterials says:

Thanks, much appreciated!!

23. jamesa1234 says:

GOOD VID!

24. educationalmaterials says:

I suggest beginners use a thinner pick (labout 0.48mm), you could also try turning your wrist slightly as you strum up so the pick does not “dig in”. I also suggest that you don’t try and strum too hard, be gentle with it. Stumming 4 strings just takes a bit of practice.

25. TheRandyButler says:

nice lesson mate
    i am a (very new) beginner and am still getting to terms with learning basic chords
    do you have tips on how to strum upwards, it feels as if the plec is trying to fly off (it sometimes does)
    seem to be hitting the bottom string too heavy
    also switching constantly from strumming 4 strings to 6 is hard as well